Our volunteers are a major part of our success. Truly, we are grateful that you have chosen to give back by signing up. Read the information below regarding volunteering. Then if you decide to join on, submit request below by clicking registration button.
How are positions assigned?
Select positions are available via online registration. If you register as a general race day volunteer, positions are assigned based on the areas of greatest need. Your flexibility is greatly appreciated. You will be emailed approximately one week before the race with your assignment, shift details, and parking info.
What positions are available?
Race Day volunteers are needed at all of the areas listed below. Listed is a very brief description of each.
May I run the race & volunteer?
Due to all volunteer positions overlapping with the race, event participants are unable to volunteer on race day. We hope all participants get the full experience and invite them to volunteer at a future racing events
Description of Volunteer Positions:
- Runner volunteers will be assigned to different areas around the race site directing race participants and answering basic event related questions.
- Start Line volunteers will help organize the start of the race by ensuring participants enter their correct (wave) to ensure integrity of the race as well as maintain organization.
Start Line Hydration
- Start line hydration volunteers will set up tables and will fill water cups for race participants before the start of the race.
- Finish Line volunteers will pass out water, sports drink, and possibly runner refresh food items.
- Aid Station (Water Station) volunteers will set up and distribute water and sports drink along the course. They are also welcome to cheer loudly for race participants.
- Course Marshal Volunteers will be placed at key areas on course to ensure runner and spectator safety, ensure participants are continuing in the correct direction, and encouraging them as they make their way to the finish.
Margarita Tent (Volunteers with alcohol permit allowed only in areas serving alcohol)
- Margarita tent volunteers will help present and distribute out the post-race margarita beverages to race participants. Under 21 tent separate.
- Medical volunteers will work along-side certified Medical Practitioners to staff finish line medical tent and/or assist participants on course.
- People mover volunteers will direct participant flow with bull horns at post-race, and prevent bottlenecks in key areas.